Another day with so many posts I had to do it twice (sorry, I didn’t have a quippy rhyme scheme to go with it). To start, I’m throwing my hat into the ring and posting a For Your Consideration ad for the annual LAMMYS. If you haven’t noticed on the sidebar, I’m a proud LAMB member. LAMB standing for the Large Ass Movie Blog and their network of film bloggers. Every year they do their annual LAMMY awards celebrating the best and brightest blogs and I’m entering. I’m not going for Best Blog out the gate because I have a lot to work towards but I am running in the Most Prolific, Best Classic Film Blog, Best New LAMB, and Best Movie Reviewer. If you are a LAMB member hopefully you like what you’ve seen and would please consider nominating me! You can find more information here and good luck to all the blogs running!
I also got another award from the lovely Tanya over at Green Paw-Paw. She thinks I’m versatile and while I’m not sure if I am I’ll take an award (I’m an award grubber, what can I say!). As with every award there are rules to claiming it. I’ve posted the picture and mentioned the blogger who nominated me. I next have to list seven random things about me so here goes (damn I should have saved that guilty pleasures blog post):
- I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 16 times in theaters! Yes, 16 times…in a theater. Thankfully 3D and rising movie prices didn’t impact me. With all that Pirates knowledge when I can’t sleep, I’m able to play back the first 15 minutes verbatim.
- I can also quote the opening to Romeo and Juliet in its entirety (“Two households, both alike in dignity, in fair Verona where we lay our scene. From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hands unclean”). I could go on and none of that required Google or Wiki.
- I’ve seen all the Twilight films and hated every one, yet I paid to see every single on in a theater with Twilight fans (and I’m hoping the reference to Twilight will boost my numbers).
- I recently got accepted into grad school (yay more school!)
- I dream of naming an animal Benedict Cumberbatch (I don’t necessarily need to own the animal, I just want to name something that. A child works just as well, got any children I can name?).
- I have an alias planned for any situation (I’m Crystal Connors when I’m a famous star hiding from paparazzi, I’m also Anna Derevko when I’m on a top-secret spy mission)
- I have my response to the zombie apocalypse all planned out. As the hordes of undead stand around me, I’ll slow walk into the center of them wearing a beret and carrying a Uzi. My guinea pig, also wearing a beret, will be on my shoulder with a mini-Gatlin gun. As the lilting strains of Rihanna and Jay-Z singing “Run This Town” plays we mow them down! That’s called preparation!
I also have to nominate blogs so here goes:
- The Warning Sign – I’ve mentioned Eric at The Warning Sign before but I can’t stress how awesome his site is. I’m always enjoying how similar our views on movies are and he sees a wide variety of things.
- FlixChatter – I love Ruth over at Flix Chatter. We’ve had great discussions on television and film and without her I wouldn’t know about a certain films starring certain Irish actors that I love! Check her out and join the conversation
- True Classics – True Classics is not only a beautifully designed blog but a great blog about classic film that I recommend
- They Don’t Make ‘Em Like They Used To – You might have seen Patti’s comments on here a time or two and she’s another amazing classic film blogger
I’ll be back with another movie review soon! Have fun laughing at me some more!
A freelance film critic whose work fuels the Rotten Tomatoes meter. I've been published on The Hollywood Reporter, Remezcla, and The Daily Beast. I've been featured in the L.A. Times. I currently run two podcasts, Citizen Dame and Ticklish Business.