I normally don’t like to do blog award posts because they can feel repetitive (not that I don’t appreciate the fantastic bloggers nice enough to give me awards in the first place). I did decide to do one here, because this is a pretty great award with a lot of top bloggers involved. The amazing Classic Movie Hub presented me with the Blog of the Year award! If you’re a classic film blogger, I cannot recommend joining their network enough. I visit frequently to find new movie bloggers, and they’re a great resource to get your blog out there. The rules for this award aren’t that grandiose so I’ll just say, the people I’m passing this on to are fantastic, and thanks for feeling my tiny blog is one of the best.
1) The Cinematic Katzenjammer is pulling away into being a leading site for film news and reviews. There’s always something to read, and the group of people are pretty awesome (I’m a part of them, I’ll admit).
2) All Good Things Monty, who runs the site, is super nice and his blog is one of the first I discovered when I undertook blogging. His posts, and tournaments are the best in the film blogging world, in my opinion.
3) The Motion Pictures Lindsay over at The Motion Pictures touts her blog as “Films everyday, with a mid-20th century focus.” As with the other two, there’s always something to read, and she mixes both modern and classic films. A lot of potential with her blog.
- Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award;
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
- Include a link back to the page that noted yours as “Blog of the Year” and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
There are stars to collect! Yes, there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the 1 star award, and every time you are given the award by another blog, you can add another star! There are total of 6 stars to collect.
You can check out your favorite blogs, and even if they have already been given the award by someone else, you can still award them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
A freelance film critic whose work fuels the Rotten Tomatoes meter. I've been published on The Hollywood Reporter, Remezcla, and The Daily Beast. I've been featured in the L.A. Times. I currently run two podcasts, Citizen Dame and Ticklish Business.