It’s my honor to announce I’ll be hosting the TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon for a third year in a row, running the entire month of August! There’s an absolutely amazing lineup of stars this month. Complete details are after the cut.
To kick things off, here’s the complete schedule of stars being honored:
- August 1st – Marilyn Monroe
- August 2nd – Ray Milland
- August 3rd – Lon Chaney
- August 4th – Claire Trevor
- August 5th – Gene Kelly
- August 6th – Robert Mitchum
- August 7th – Eleanor Parker
- August 8th – Franchot Tone
- August 9th – Sandra Dee
- August 10th – Sidney Poitier
- August 11th – Ginger Rogers
- August 12th – John Wayne
- August 13th – Barbara Stanwyck
- August 14th – Vanessa Redgrave
- August 15th – Ricardo Montalban
- August 16th – Elvis Presley
- August 17th – Rosalind Russell
- August 18th – Rod Taylor
- August 19th – Angela Lansbury
- August 20th – Cary Grant
- August 21st – Ann Harding
- August 22nd – Glenn Ford
- August 23rd – Greer Garson
- August 24th – Dennis Morgan
- August 25th – Simone Signoret
- August 26th – James Cagney
- August 27th – Leslie Caron
- August 28th – Slim Pickens
- August 29th – Marion Davies
- August 30th – George Sanders
- August 31st – Elizabeth Taylor
What do I need from you right now? Your commitment. If you’re interested in participating, shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a comment below with your blog name, email address, and what day(s) you wish to cover. On July 31st I’ll be announcing the participating blogs.
An entry is considered eligible if it meets the following criteria:
- The entry must be new (not something previously published).
- The entry may be posted before the star’s day, but we will not promote it until the star’s day. However, the entry must be posted no later than 5:59am EDT at the end of that star’s day. Turner Classic Movies counts a day as 6:00am on one day to 6:00am the next, not midnight to midnight. For example, August 1 is Gene Tierney’s day. Her day officially starts at 6:00am on 8/1 and ends at 5:59am on 8/2. Each star’s day follows suit. Because this blogathon is based on TCM’s schedule, this will be the schedule of record, so those of you not based in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States, please make your time calculations accordingly.
- Entries can be anything so long as they are related to the stars being focused on. Film reviews do not have to be of films airing, but you must reference that the entry is for this blogathon (see next rule) and how the film or topic connects back to that star. With that being said, Top 10 lists, articles, etc. are allowed so long as they can be logically connected to the star on that day.
- Each entry you post, regardless of style or length or number, must specifically reference that it is an entry in the “2017 TCM Summer Under the Stars Blogathon” and must contain a link back to my blog. (I will be promoting all of the bloggers every day throughout the month, so we want to ensure that readers have one of two central locations.)
- The drawing will be held no later than Friday, September 4th, 2017.
- Winners will be notified via email by September 5th and must confirm receipt of the notification by September 12th. In the absence of confirmation of the first notification, reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner via other channels. If confirmation is not made by the winner by September 19th, that winner forfeits his prize and another winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be shipped once confirmation arrangements have been made with all winners.
- Winners’ names will be published on my blog once shipping arrangements have been made with all winners.
- The DVD/Blu-ray prizes are Region 1. Substitutions for other Regions cannot be made, nor may any prizes be substituted. Also, due to international shipping prices, while the blogathon is open to anyone, worldwide, the prizes will only be dispensed to US residents.
A freelance film critic whose work fuels the Rotten Tomatoes meter. I've been published on The Hollywood Reporter, Remezcla, and The Daily Beast. I've been featured in the L.A. Times. I currently run two podcasts, Citizen Dame and Ticklish Business.