We’re trying something new this week! Obviously, stay tuned as this piece continues to grow and take shape. Between the cable channels, streaming and the internet, it is a great time to be a classic TV fan. There’s a lot to watch and so much more to love.
It’s my hope with this piece to put together some of the greatest hits as it relates to classic TV hitting the airwaves any given week. Obviously, this is only a snapshot, so a schedule deep dive never hurts either!
Without further ado, let’s open the TV guide!
- Perry Mason fans should get excited. MeTV is currently airing season 8 of the legal drama during its morning block (8:00 MST/daily). This week features episodes 6-10 of the season which features guest stars like Barbara Bain, Mike Connors, Werner Klemperer, Richard Carlson, Audrey Totter and Elisha Cook Jr.
- The amazing Sterling Holloway guest stars on The Andy Griffith Show (Wednesday March 17th on MeTV). Julie Adams will appear on Thursday March 18th. (7:00pm MST).
- Meanwhile, Wagon Train will be featuring some dynamic guest stars, including Leslie Nielsen, Diane Baker, Jay North, Deborah Walley and Ryan O’Neil. (3:00pm MST on MeTV).
- The Love Boat (airing at 4:00pm MST on Decades) features a cute stretch of episodes from season three, with guest stars like Jayne Meadows and James Gregory (who in an adorable subplot) as well as an equally delightful appearance by Rex Smith.
- On Decades, the weekend ‘Decades Binge’ will be The White Shadow. The drama ran on CBS from 1978 until 1981 and starred Ken Howard as a retired basketball player who begins coaching at an inner city high school.
- A weekly bit of delight on the schedule comes from MeTV’s airing of Svengoolie. The film of the week (airing Saturday March 20th) will be The Shadow of the Cat (1961).
Classic TV Streaming Picks:
- Netflix: The Twilight Zone (seasons 1-4)
- HBO Max: The Flintstones (seasons 1-6)
- Disney+: The Muppet Show (seasons 1-5)
- Paramount+: Hawaii Five-0: (seasons 1-12)
- Prime Video: The Rifleman (seasons 1-5)
- Peacock: Columbo (seasons 1-10)
- Roku: The Patty Duke Show (seasons 1-3)
- Britbox: Fawlty Towers (season 1-2)
- YouTube: Peyton Place (seasons 1-5)
Well, that’s all for this week! Stay tuned for more classic TV goodness coming soon!
Podcaster at Hollywood and Wine, historian and filmmaker studying contributions of women in Classic TV. Film critic for Geek Girl Authority. Classic film lover for Ticklish Business.
You can find me on Twitter @kpierce624!