Welcome to a new week, readers! I’m back for another round of TCM picks. Yes, I’m changing up the formatting. See the slideshow above for the goodness (as well as the airdates). There’s a fair amount of variety hitting the airwaves this week, from essentials like Frankenstein to deep cuts everyone should see like The Crimson Kimono. Feast your eyes and happy viewing!
For those looking for more good stuff, the TCM schedule can be found here!
Looking at this week over on TCM:
- Monday May 17th features a daytime, multi-film tribute to Elizabeth Taylor before transitioning into the Star of the Month celebration of ‘The Roberts’. Tonight features appearances by: Robert Redford, Robert Townsend and Robert Morse.
- Tuesday May 18th features a delightful daytime line-up of horror, sci-fi and action films. TCM’s ‘Body Images on Film’ programming begins in the evening.
- Wednesday May 19 includes a delightful mini-marathon of noir programming with the evening showcasing war dramas.
- Thursday May 20th features a daytime marathon of movies about “parties”. The evening showcase brings films about Northern California.
- Friday May 21st brings a must-see, primetime mini-marathon about the Asian American experience in cinema.
Stay turned for lots more coming your way! There’s some truly fun and interesting programming hitting the airwaves this week. Is there something for everyone? Potentially!
Interested in Learning More About Us??
Interested in supporting us? Check out our Patreon Page! Perks include giveaways, early access and additional bonus content!
Podcaster at Hollywood and Wine, historian and filmmaker studying contributions of women in Classic TV. Film critic for Geek Girl Authority. Classic film lover for Ticklish Business.
You can find me on Twitter @kpierce624!